Koshi Tappu Wildlife Tour
- Grade: Easy
- Duration: 8 Days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Jungle Safari
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: All seasons
- Highest Altitude: 81m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 1350
The smallest of the Terai’s national parks, Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is a birdwatcher’s paradise. But you don’t need to be a serious twitcher to enjoy it. Here you’ll find a captivating walk that anyone will appreciate. Oriental Journeys highly recommends the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Tour in Nepal.
Highlights of Koshi Tappu Wildlife Tour
- Best spot for bird watching in Nepal
- A total of 280 different species of birds have been recorded in the reserve.
- Habitat of wild buffaloes, hog deer, wild boar, spotted deer jackals, and Gangetic Dolphin
- Boating/Rafting on Sapta Koshi River
- Jeep Safari
The park contains an ideal mix of rivers, ponds, wetlands, and paddies, all of it cut by a long straight, and paved trail, making navigation a breeze. Thin foliage further allows for long-distance viewing. In a single 90min, 6km walk you will see scores of different bird species. It’s the terrestrial equivalent of spotting tropical fish on a coral reef.
A bonus is branching off to the nearby Sapt Kosi River, where the endangered Arana roams their last habitat. The renowned kind of water buffalo is abundant in the area. The enormous breadth of their horns and their move-in herds are more attractive to observe.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Heritage Tour
- Day 03: Fly/Drove to Biratnagar and drive to Koshi Tappu Resort
- Day 04: Full day Excursion on boat/ raft – bird watching – visit Pink Tower – Back to Hotel
- Day 05: Birdwatching in the morning, Breakfast then visiting grassland and wetlands
- Day 06: Nature walk, Breakfast and Get ready to be back to Kathmandu
- Day 07: Sightseeing of Patan and Bhaktapur
- Day 08: Departure to your next destination
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu Heritage Tour
Day 03: Fly/Drove to Biratnagar and drive to Koshi Tappu Resort
Upon your arrival, Transfer to the hotel. Lunch and briefing about the program
You will have to have a delicious lunch and a short rest. Then you will be heading for birding in the nearby surroundings of the Park. There will be an amazing sunset view from the river bank. In the evening, enjoy your dinner with slide show about flora-fauna of the park area.
Day 04: Full day Excursion on boat/ raft – bird watching – visit Pink Tower – Back to Hotel
Day 05: Birdwatching in the morning, Breakfast then visiting grassland and wetlands
Birdwatching in the morning, Breakfast then visiting grassland and wetlands
Day 06: Nature walk, Breakfast and Get ready to be back to Kathmandu
Nature walk, Breakfast and Get ready for Kathmandu
Day 07: Sightseeing of Patan and Bhaktapur
Sightseeing of Patan and Bhaktapur and Farewell Dinner in the evening.
Day 08: Departure to your next destination
Departure to your next destination
- Pick up /Drop off from/to Tribhuvan International airport
- National Park/Conservation fees
- Hotel accommodation on twin sharing(B/B Plan) in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation on twin sharing (Full board basis) with all meal in Koshi Tappu
- National Park.
- Kathmandu-Biratnagar-Kathmandu Airfare or private Driving
- All transportation & sightseeing by private vehicle.
- Professional bird and Nature guide.
- Entry fees during the tour period.
- Airport-Hotel-Airport transfer.
- All the government taxes, VAT, and service charges
- All the drinks alcohol and soft drinks
- Personal Expenses: laundry, bar bills, telephone, etc
- Tips for the guide /staff
- Personal equipment
- Your Travel Insurance
- Rescue and Evacuation
- All the cost not mentioned in the ‘Cost Includes’ section
Sorry, no testimonials found.