Shiva Ratri Tour Kathmandu
- Grade: Easy
- Duration: 4 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Special Tours, Pilgrimage Tours
- Departure: February
- Best Seasons: March
- Highest Altitude: 1400m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 650
Located in Kathmandu, Pashupatinath is the most sacred Temple of Hindu. It is one of the holiest temples of all Hindus around the world. Basically, the main temple of Pashupatinath is a Shiva Temple. The temple premises includes the temples of all major Hindu deities. The main temple dedicates to Lord Pashupatinath who is the supreme God of all Hindus. Pashupatinath literally means the master of all creatures and preserver of all living beings. Therefore, people found this tour worth for visit. Maha Shiva Ratri Tour Kathmandu is the best opportunity to explore all the essence of the festival.
Pashupatinath Linga is a “Jyotir Linga“. Hence, Pashupatinath is regarded as the most powerful temple. People believe, if you visit the temple and pay homage to the ‘Jyotir Lingam’, it will bring a great boon and a successful life to your life.
Pashupatinath temple has 64 Lingas. This includes such Kirtimukhi Bhairav, Unmatta Bhairav, Astamatrika, Nava Graha, Hanuman, Nandi, Trishul, Jaleshwor, Doleshwor, Basuki Naag, Gupteshwor, Lal Ganesh, Surya, Jalasahi Vishnu etc. Each Linga has its own importance. People celebrate several festivals in the Pashupatinath area. Among many festivals, Shiva Ratri (Shiva’s Night) is the biggest festival in Pashupatinath Temple premises. Shiva Ratri literally means the night of Lord Shiva or the night he created himself by his own divine grace. This auspicious festival falls on the thirteen or fourteenth day of the waning moon in the month of Falgun and 04 March 2019.
The Hindu Pilgrims come to Pashupatinath to celebrate this day with a lot of zeal and enthusiasm. Similarly, Devotees keep vigil, chant prayers, fast, do yoga, meditate or recite prayers to Shiva. In addition to this, married Hindu women pray for their husband’s wellbeing. Whereas, unmarried ones ask for a good husband during the festival.
Cannabis (Marijuana/Ganja/Weed) and Shiva Ratri
According to Hindu mythology, when Shiva’s consort died, he came to the forests near the temple. Then he smeared the body with ash and keep wandering smoking cannabis. Cannabis grows wild in the forests of Nepal. Besides this, he used to wear a serpent as his ornaments and drapes his waist with a tiger skin as he wandered.
Cannabis is illegal in Nepal. However, it allows for taking some as a religious ritual for ascetics during the festival of Shiva Ratri. The only explanation for this is that the ascetics are imitating Shiva.
The ban is ignored during the festival for the ascetics. But they are allowed to smoke inside the temple complex but not sell or distribute it to pilgrims. Oriental Journeys organizes Maha Shiva Ratri tour in Kathmandu annually.
- A colourful crowd of devotees including Gorgeous Sadhu Babas.
- Activities of Sadhu Babas.
- Shiva Dhuni (Big fire by piling wooden logs in the evenings).
- Observe Sadhu Babas smoking cannabis.
- Four Prahars of Pooja and more.
- Day 01: 02 March 2019: Welcome to Kathmandu
- Day 02: 03 March 2019 Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Day 03:: Full Day of observing Shiva Ratri festival.
- Day 04:: Have breakfast and then go to Kathmandu international airport for final departure.
Day 01: 02 March 2019: Welcome to Kathmandu
Kathmandu is the capital and largest urban agglomerate of Nepal. After welcoming you at the airport our staff will take you to hotel. Rest of the day is free for individual activities and shopping. Overnight stay at hotel
Day 02: 03 March 2019 Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with guided tour who can speak English and/or Hindi. Later on Visit tallest Kailashnath Mahadev Statue in Sanga, Doleshower Mahadev, and Bouddha Nath.
Day 03:: Full Day of observing Shiva Ratri festival.
On the 04 March 2019, visit Pashupatinath temple to worship and perform 4 Prahar Pooja (4 times pooja).
Day 04:: Have breakfast and then go to Kathmandu international airport for final departure.
Have breakfast and then go to Kathmandu international airport for final departure.
- All accommodation with bed and breakfast
- Guided tour with all entrance fees for Kathmandu valley
- All sightseeing in Kathmandu fallow itinerary
- Full day & Night in Pray visit Shiva Ratri in Pashupatinath temple
- All applicable taxes for hotel and restaurant Kathmandu
- Arrival pick up and final drop in Kathmandu airport welcome drinks
- 1 English speaking guide for whole tour
- Air condition transportation for whole tour
- Bar bills & beverage
- Extra any tour
- Everest flight (Mountain flight)
- Tips for guide and driver
Sorry, no testimonials found.