Hike Kathmandu Rim with Heritage Tour
- Grade: Easy
- Duration: 6 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Day Tours, Family Holiday Tours
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: All seasons
- Highest Altitude: 2270m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu-Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 850
Highlights of Hike Kathmandu Rim with Heritage Tour
- – Hike Kathmandu Rim
- – Sightseeing of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites Tour
- – Touch the medieval architecture with a unique culture
- – Feel the social bonding of local people
- – Capture perfect craftsmanship reflected in wooden images and stone icons
- – Capture the wide golden panorama of Himalayas during the sunrise
- – Visit the oldest temple of Changunarayan
- – Feel a sense of detachment while observing live cremation at Pashupatinath
- – Feel a sound of silence
Major Sites of the Hike Kathmandu Rim with Heritage Tour
Route Map of Hike Kathmandu Rim with Heritage Tour
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- Day 03: Drive to Panauti and Hike to Dhulikhel via Namobuddha
- Day 04: Trek to Nagarkot.
- Day 05: Observe Sunrise view and hike down to Changu Narayan.
- Day 06: Free time in the morning for Souvenier shopping and end of Tour and Departure to your next destination
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
A representative from Oriental Journeys greets you at Tribhuvan International Airport with Khadas and garlands. Then you will be transferred to the hotel for briefing.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
Today, you will visit the four different UNESCO World Heritage listed sites of Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath Stupa, and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
Day 03: Drive to Panauti and Hike to Dhulikhel via Namobuddha
Panauti is an old Newari settlement located at the distance of 35 kilometers Southeast of Kathmandu.
The medieval town of Panauti includes some of the most interesting temples and stories. The town is set on the confluence of two rivers. The ancient town also boasts one of the only two known pre-17th-century structure of Mahadev temple. Apart from other many temples, it is a pleasure to wander the town’s brick paved streets to view the magnificently carved rest houses, stupas and stone water taps.
Namobuddha Temple (monastery) is a holy Buddhist monument. Namobuddha premises offer you beautiful sceneries around. Situated on top of a hill, it has rice fields, mountains, villages nearby and more to offer. It is believed that Buddha as a local prince gave his own body to feed a hungry tigress in his previous life. The exemplary compassion and deed of the Prince saved their lives. Later on, when Gautam had visited the Kathmandu Valley, he went there and revealed about the precious deeds of the Prince. Now, there is a monastery along with the stupas around. These structures were built, remarking this a holy place both to Hindu and Buddhists. At the second part of the trip, you will be walking to Dhulikhel.
Day 04: Trek to Nagarkot.
On the first section of the trail, you will climb down to the Kavre Bhanjyang. You will experience the local village, local lifestyle and a pleasant hiking trail. The trail climb gentles up from Kavre Bhanjyang to come to Dhulikhel through a community forest. At the top of the hill, there is a temple of Hindu Goddess, Kali. From there the view of nearby villages, valley down there and Himalayan Panorama is awarding. Then trek down to Dhulikhel. Overnight at the lodge enjoying the awarding dinner.
Today you will enjoy walking through the villages and bush. You will observe the Nepalese rural lifestyle on the way. The gentle uphill trail in nature will help to cleanse yourself. The views of the valley down, an encounter with locals and greenery is a rewarding aspect of this hike.
Day 05: Observe Sunrise view and hike down to Changu Narayan.
Wake up early in the morning to observe the sunrise view from the viewpoint at the top of your hotel is a hike up to the view tower installed at the top of the hill. When the skies are clear, the hill station of Nagarkot offers sweeping views of the Himalayan ranges, stretching from Annapurna to Makalu. Sometimes the peak of Mount Everest is visible as well during clear days.
From the junction of the bazaar area, you can start hiking to Changu Narayan Temple. Walk through typical villages and farmland on a route that takes roughly four hours to complete. Stop for lunch en route to try tasty Nepalese fare (own expense).
Upon reaching the Newari town of Changu Narayan, pass through narrow lanes to see the temple, known as one of the oldest temples in Nepal, and designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dedicated to the Hindu god Lord Vishnu, the temple contains intricate wood carvings and stone sculptures.
After exploring the temple, meet your car to return to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 06: Free time in the morning for Souvenier shopping and end of Tour and Departure to your next destination
A representative from Oriental Journeys will transfer you to the Tribhuvan International Airport for your departure to the next destination. Optionally, Should you have extra days of your vacation for another trip, you can join for any other trip like:
* 2Nights/3 Days Chitwan Wildlife Jungle Safari
* 2 Nights /3 Days Pokhara tour
* Ghorepani Poon Hill Sun Rise Trek etc. by contacting at Oriental Journeys
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a B&B basis.
- Hotel/Lodge during hiking days on a B&B basis.
- An English Speaking Guide, who will be well trained and government-licensed
- One porter for 2 travelers.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner
- Drop & Pickup and transfer to hotels & Airports
- Private A/C car during sightseeing
- Entry Fees and other necessary permits.
- First aid medical kit.
- All government taxes
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, medicine, and transportation for office staffs.
- Travelers insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) during the tour
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips and gratitude for the guide & driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- longer stays mentioned in Itinerary
Sorry, no testimonials found.