Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 9
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Langtang Trekking, Off The Beaten Path
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: September, October, November, December, February, March, April
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 1300
On the northern side of Kathmandu valley in Nepal, a wonderful place of Tamang People lies. It preserves the traditional practices, culture, and traditions, comparatively in a better way. It neighbors the Langtang Valley. On this moderate seven to nine-day trek, just gets up close with the Tamang people while trekking amid green valleys and snow-capped mountains. The Tamang Heritage trail trek has the added benefit of providing sustainable economic benefits to the local community.
Highlights of Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
- Experience a cultural trek, learn about one of Nepal’s Tibetan-influenced hill tribes,
- Contribute directly contribute to the rural economy
- Luxuriate in the hot spring waters at Tatopani
- Enjoy the local homestay accommodation in Briddim,
- Get insight into the Tamang people and their way of life
- Enjoy spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, the Langtang Himalayas, and the Gosainkunda mountain range
Lying north of the Kathmandu Valley, the Tamang Heritage Trail Trek is perhaps the most accessible trekking region in Nepal. Here, you can experience some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. The trail offers terraced green farmland, thick forests, and the peaks of the Langtang Himalayas, close to the Tibetan border. Besides this, a bonus to the natural features is the chance to trek through Tamang villages. Due to which, the travelers often love to combine the trek with Langtang Valley Trekking. In addition to this, Trekking to the Tamang Heritage Trail helps bring a source of income to the Tamang people in this area.
According to different studies, the Tamang people originally came from Tibet as horse traders and settled in hilly parts of Nepal. Their major settlements are usually within proximity of the Kathmandu Valley. The migration happened several hundred years ago. They have retained a distinct identity with Tibetan roots, as well as their language. They have historically been one of the most marginalized ethnic groups in Nepal. Sadly, they were among the worst-affected groups during the 2015 mega-earthquake, as their homes tended to be in vulnerable areas cut off from help. Therefore, Tamang Heritage Trail is the best way of exploring the unique culture, traditions, lifestyles, and people of the Tamang community.
Accommodation during Tamang Heritage Trail Trek :
We will provide a tourist Standard 3* Hotel in Kathmandu like Samsara Resort or Hotel Thamel or similar during your stay in Kathmandu whereas there will be a Tea House Lodge, Homestay and Lodge during your trek days.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,460 m./ 4,790 ft.)
- Day 03: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,238 m./ 7,342 ft.)
- Day 04: Gatlang to Tatopani (2,380 m./ 7,808 ft.)
- Day 05: Tatopani to Thuman (2,238 m./ 7,342 ft.)
- Day 06: Thuman to Briddim (2,239 m./ 7,345 ft.)
- Day 07: Briddim to Syabrubesi (1,460 m./ 4,790 ft.)
- Day 08: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 09: Departure to your next destination.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
From Tribhuvan International Airport you will be transferred to your hotel. Oriental Journeys will invite you for the trip's itinerary briefing. You will be provided with the necessary permits.
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,460 m./ 4,790 ft.)
Early morning, your guide from Oriental Journeys will take you to the bus park. The Bus to Dhuche starts from Balaju Bus Park which is close to Thamel. You will be driving through the beautiful village and you will see snow Scrapped Mountain along the Langtang Himalaya. Overnight stay at Syabrubensi.
Day 03: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,238 m./ 7,342 ft.)
Day 04: Gatlang to Tatopani (2,380 m./ 7,808 ft.)
Day 05: Tatopani to Thuman (2,238 m./ 7,342 ft.)
Day 06: Thuman to Briddim (2,239 m./ 7,345 ft.)
Day 07: Briddim to Syabrubesi (1,460 m./ 4,790 ft.)
Day 08: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 09: Departure to your next destination.
- Airport pick up & drop
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry (30KG in maximum) your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- Langtang National Park Entry Fees
- (TIMS) Trekker’s Information Management System card
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit above 6 pax Compulsory from Agency
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and personal effects.
- Hot Shower
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery etc
- Tips and Gratuities
- Any other things not included in included list.
Sorry, no testimonials found.