Khopra Ridge Khayar Lake Trek
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 13 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Annapurna Trekking, Off The Beaten Path, Yoga Trek
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: All seasons
- Highest Altitude: 3270m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 1260
Khopra Ridge Khayar Lake Trek is a great alternative trekking route to commercial and crowded treks in the Annapurna region. Especially, the trek is the next choice for the people visiting Ghorepani poon hill trek. Khopra Ridge is one of the best viewpoints and magnificent panoramic views. The mountains like Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, II, III and south, Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail, Mt. Lamjung Himal and Mt. Nilgiri look close from here. This is trek will be suitable for those who are seeking less crowded and off the beaten path trek in Nepal. Likewise, trekking in the unknown touristic area means you will able to see the unchanged lifestyle, typical cultures, and preserving local heritage places. Besides this, it also provides you a unique experience of trekking than the more over-crowded and popular trek.
Are you looking for a rugged and off beaten trek in the Annapurna region?
Highlights of Khopra Khayar Lake Trek:
- Scenic drive to Pokhara
- Trekking off-beaten track
- Spectacular panoramic mountain view
- Yaks & Yak cheese factory
- Khayar Lake
- Explore Magar & Gurung people culture
- Wildlife & high altitude vegetation
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02: Day 02 Kathmandu to Pokhara(810m/2656ft) by drive / 6hrs drive / Overnight at hotel in Pokhara
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara, drive to Syauli Bazaar and trek to Ghandruk: 30 mins flight, 2 hours drive and 3 hours trek
- Day 04: Ghandruk to Tadapani (2,590m/8,497ft) 3-4 hours
- Day 05: Tadapani to Dobato (3,350m/10,990ft): 4-5 hours
- Day 06: Dobato to Upper Chistibung (2,975m/3,198ft) 4-5 hours
- Day 07: Trek to Khopra Ridge (3,660m/12007): 3-4 hours
- Day 08: Rest day in Khopra Ridge: Tour of Kaire Lake (4,500m/14,763ft): 10-11 hours
- Day 09: Trek to Swanta Village (2,200m/7,217ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 10: Trek to Ulleri (2,050 m/6,725 ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 11: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 5-6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
- Day 12: Drive Back to Kathmandu
- Day 13: Final departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Upon our arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be greeted by a representative from Oriental Journeys who will drop us off at our hotel. In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner hosted by Oriental Journeys where you will be served excellent Nepalese cuisine which will introduce you to the country's food culture. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Day 02 Kathmandu to Pokhara(810m/2656ft) by drive / 6hrs drive / Overnight at hotel in Pokhara
After taking early breakfast, you will drive to Pokhara. It will take approximately 6 hrs to reach Pokhara.
Day 03: Fly to Pokhara, drive to Syauli Bazaar and trek to Ghandruk: 30 mins flight, 2 hours drive and 3 hours trek
Pokhara will rewarded with magnificent views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, the five peaks of Annapurna and others. Later, we drive to Syauli Bazaar and start the trek to Ghandruk. The village is a major recruitment centre for the famous Gurkha soldiers and is the hub of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, which promotes many varied ecological projects. Overnight in Ghandruk.
Included meals:Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Day 04: Ghandruk to Tadapani (2,590m/8,497ft) 3-4 hours
In Ghandruk, we get to enjoy astonishing views of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Annapurna South, and Hiunchuli Mountains. From here we continue upwards through Deurali and into the dense rhododendron forests. The Rhododendron is Nepal’s national flower and when they bloom, the forests turn into gardens of dazzling red flowers when seen from the air or from afar. After trekking over a small pass we reach Tadapani where we get to enjoy excellent views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna and Hiunchuli mountains. On the way, you may encounter many souveinir seller of Tibetan origins. Overnight in Tadapani.
Day 05: Tadapani to Dobato (3,350m/10,990ft): 4-5 hours
After Tadapani we leave the main trail and for the next five days we will walk in a more remote area of the Annapurna region. On our trek today we get to appreciate the diverse flora and fauna of the region and of course the magnificent view of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna South. Trekking in a relatively easy trail we reach Dobato which is dominated by the excellent view of the Annapurna South. Overnight in Dobato.
Day 06: Dobato to Upper Chistibung (2,975m/3,198ft) 4-5 hours
After breakfast, we descend through open ground and beautiful forest to reach the pastures of Lower Chistibung. Next, we ascend gradually through a forest before reaching Upper Chistibung which is a temporary herder’s settlement. If you’re lucky, you might even spot the colorful Lophophorus. Danphe is the local name for Lophophorus and this is national bird of Nepal. Himalayan thar is common wild animal seen on the grassy ridge high above the trail. Overnight in Upper Chistibung.
Day 07: Trek to Khopra Ridge (3,660m/12007): 3-4 hours
You will cross tree line through alpine meadows and pastures to reach Khopra. As we approach Khopra Ridge, we see the tip of Annapurna South. Upon reaching Khopra we go for a short walk down Khopra Ridge to a viewpoint overlooking Kali Gandaki river far below in this deep valley. From Khopra we also admire the stunning mountain panorama including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Annapurna South. Overnight in Khopra.
Day 08: Rest day in Khopra Ridge: Tour of Kaire Lake (4,500m/14,763ft): 10-11 hours
We begin trekking from around six in the morning towards the Kaire Lake from where we attain excellent views of the Fang and surrounding mountains. Considered to be a sacred lake by the Hindus, it is believed that bathing in the lake will help attain Salvation. As Hinduism and Buddhism are intricately related and cooexisting in Nepal, we can even see a number of Hindu and Buddhist shrines on the lakeside. For those of us who do not want to walk all the way to the lake, a half day walk from Khopra can also be arranged. We have packed lunch today. Overnight in Khopra Ridge.
Day 09: Trek to Swanta Village (2,200m/7,217ft): 5-6 hours
From Khopra Ridge we descend off the hillside and continue downhill on a steep trail. Along the way we get more views of Mount Dhaulagiri with the mountain providing a lovely backdrop to the terraced fields and traditional houses in the nearby villages. Overnight in Swanta village.
Day 10: Trek to Ulleri (2,050 m/6,725 ft): 5-6 hours
From Swanta we descend through the village fields to a small river and take a quick look at the local water mill. From here we cross the suspension bridge and head upwards to the village of Chittre, where we’ll join the main trekking trail at Ghorepani. After Ghorepani we descend through rhododendron forest to Ulleri where we stay the night.
Day 11: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 5-6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
On our way to Nayapul, we get to enjoy the amazing hill landscape of western Nepal. Our trek will end at Nayapul where we board our vehicle to Pokhara, the beautiful lake city. Even from the city we are rewarded with magnificent views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Manaslu (8,156m), Machhapuchhre (6,993m), the five peaks of Annapurna and others. We check-in to our hotel and take a rest. We may also stroll in the streets of Pokhara and just enjoy being in one of the most beautiful cities of Nepal. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 12: Drive Back to Kathmandu
You will drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus. A drive for 6/7 hours will take you to Kathmandu. In the evening, you will have time to go for souvenir shoping around the streets of Thamel.
Day 13: Final departure
Our journey in Nepal comes to an end today! A Oriental Journeys representative will escort you to the airport approximately 3 hours before our scheduled flight. On our way home, we have plenty of time to plan our next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
- Airport picks up & drops
- Airport taxes
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry (30KG in maximum) your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit
- (TIMS) Trek Information Management System card
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit above 6 pax Compulsory from Agency
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone, and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and personal effects.
- Hot Shower
- Extra services according to the guest per Demand '' Please feel free to inform us''
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery, etc
- Tips and Gratuities
A memorable trip, Since I am a frequent traveler to Nepal, I have visited mountains, heritage sites and went for trekking. This time, I went for Jungle safari in Chitwan National Park and Bardiya National Park. I was lucky to see Royal Bengal Tiger in Bardiya. My guide says Nepal is successful in preserving and increasing the number of Tiger. It was good news for all of us. I enjoyed the safari fully. Both National Parks are must visit natural sites in Nepal. Recommend Oriental Journeys. Thank you Radhika and team for managing my trip perfectly.