Kathmandu Heritage Tour
- Grade: Easy
- Duration: 4 Days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Cultural Tours, Day Tours
- Departure: round the year
- Best Seasons: All Seasons
- Highest Altitude: 2300 mtr
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 450
Kathmandu Valley Heritage Tour is a fully guided four days tours around Kathmandu valley. The tour provides you the main highlights of Heritage sites of Kathmandu valley. Therefore, it takes you to the different UNESCO listed world heritage sites scattered in the different parts of the valley. This tour includes Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, and Boudhanath stupa tour.
UNESCO Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Valley
Altogether there are 7 UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites inside Kathmandu Valley :
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Bouddhanath Stupa
- Swayambhunath Stupa/Temple
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Patan Durbar Square
- Changunarayan Temple
On the first day of Kathmandu Valley Heritage Tour, you will start from sightseeing of Pashupatinath Temple area. Since, Pashupatinath is the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, more than ten thousands of pilgrims visit the temple every day. As the temple lies at the bank of Holy Bagmati River, the location of the temple still makes this temple the sacred one. The temple premises are quite close to Tribhuvan International Airport of Kathmandu. Therefore, the Kathmandu Valley Heritage Tour starts from Pashupatinath temple.
Swayambhunath Stupa/Temple (Monkey Temple)
The other sites with this tour include Bouddhanath and Swayambhunath. Both of them are Buddhist Stupas. The first is close to Pashupatinath and the second one locates at the top of a small hillock at the western side of the main city of Kathmandu Valley. Furthermore, Boudhanath temple is one of the largest stupas in the world. It is worth visit these sites to know about Buddhism and Buddhist culture in detail. Due to which both national and international tourists visit the sites most often round the year.
The Swayambhunath temple is famous among both Hindus and Buddhist. Therefore, both Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims visit this temple. Besides this, this temple is more popular with foreigners as a monkey temple. As the name denotes, the temple owns the largest monkey population around its surrounding.
This tour includes Boudhnath stupa as well. The Bouddhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in South Asia. The stupa locates alongside the ancient trade route to Tibet. Furthermore, the stupa is unique because it was built in a Nepali Buddhist style. Over Seventy Five Tibetan monasteries are there around the stupa. Therefore, one has beautiful chances of appreciating the spectacular art and architecture of ancient Nepal and neighboring Tibet in Boudhanath stupa.
Highlights of Kathmandu Heritage Tour
- Interact with the Medieval Architecture of Kathmandu Valley
- Mingle with the unique rich Newari culture and tradition
- Capture the perfect woodcraft of valley people
- Find peace between the religious and cultural harmony of Nepal
- Encounter the peace message of Buddha
- Visit the Heritage Cities
- Get introduced with the unique culture and cultural and religious rituals
- Visit the Living Goddess – Kumari and her palace
You can do the Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour along with Wildlife Jungle Safari in Chitwan or Bardia National Park and visiting Pokhara and Birthplace of Lord Buddha, Lumbini. Most of the trekkers prefer to visit the UNESCO heritage sites of Kathmandu Valley after or before their trekking tour and expedition tours.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02: Full day Sightseeing
- Day 03: Full Day Sightseeing
- Day 04: Observe Sunrise, Drive back to Kathmandu for departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Upon arrival at the international airport, meet, assist and transfer to Hotel (a very nice centrally located at Thamel), rest and free at afternoon. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing
Sightseeing tour at Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Buddhanath, and Pashupatinath. You will back to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03: Full Day Sightseeing
Sightseeing at Patan Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square then drive to Nagarkot to catch the Sunset view.
We stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 04: Observe Sunrise, Drive back to Kathmandu for departure
Wake up before dawn and wait for the sun to come up. Observe sun rise over the mountains. Take your breakfast and drive back to Kathmandu. This is the final day of the tour. The vehicle will drop you at Tribhuvan International Airport. Then, you will depart for your next destination.
- Drop and pickup on a private vehicle
- Accommodation in twin sharing basis with Breakfast during the trip
- An English speaking professional tour guide for the trip
- Private vehicle for the entire tour
- Entrance fee during tour.
- Wages of guide and other member
- International Airfare
- Visa fee
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Expenses of personal bills, tipping, laundry, travel insurance, emergency evacuation etc.
- Any other cost not mentioned in cost includes field above.
Sorry, no testimonials found.